How To Create Bitstamp API Keys
The following steps describe how to generate API keys for the Bitstamp cryptocurrency exchange.
1) Log in to your Bitstamp Account
2) Navigate to ‘Account‘ and select ‘Security‘ from the side menu. Click ‘API Access‘.
3) Click on ‘New API Key‘ at the top right.
4) For permissions, check Account balance, User transactions. (Leave the other fields blank.)
5) Click on ‘GENERATE KEY‘. (You may need to enter a ‘Two-Factor Authentication Code’ if enabled.)
6) The system will take you back to the API ACCESS screen. Click on ‘ACTIVATE KEY‘. The system will require an email confirmation. Confirm the key activation via the email sent by Bitstamp.
7) When redirected back to the API screen by the email confirmation, make a copy of the API information provided.
8) For the Customer ID, navigate to the account balance page
9) Copy the ‘Customer ID‘ number located on the top right.